- High production and quality of dry matter.
- Low tolerance to droughts and low temperatures.
- High reseeding capacity.
- Summer cycle (marked seasonality in the production of forage).
- High tolerance to direct grazing with high cattle loads.
- Suitable to produce superior quality reserves (hay bales and silage).
- Suitable for different seeding methods (hand seeding, aerial seeding, direct seeding).
- Ideal for selective clearance (good tolerance to shading).
- Good performance in forest-pasture systems.
Regions: 1 - 5
|Rainfall:||600 - 1200 mm.|
|Planting density:||5 - 17 k. ha/year|
|Seeding season;||All year long during clearances. Springtime in clear fields.|
|Production:||7 –11 tons/DM/ha/year|
|Soils:||Loam, having good levels of fertility.|
|30 days between cuttings||11%||60%|
|60 days between cuttings||6%||56%|