- Stands out for its rusticity, good forage production and early seeding.
- 140-160 days annual cycle.
- Association with other grammineae and clovers.
- Upright growth. 1m height.
- Major volume and deepening of roots than white bran.
- Good forage production.
- Abundant tillers.
- Tolerant to droughts and frosts.
- Used for direct grazing and chopping as well as haymaking.
- Highly tolerant to rust and aphids. In general, no special maintenance for disease or plague controls are necessary.
|DM PRODUCTION:||kg / DM/ha/year|
|DENSITY||30 – 50 kg/ha|
|SOILS||mple range of soils that show good drainage.|
|SEEDING DATE (Approximately depending on region and usage):||Central and South regions||February - April|
|North-eastern regions:||March - May|
|Norwest regions:||April - June|